- Jewish history and heritage tour of Krakow
- Trace the story of Krakow’s Jewish community through the centuries and during WWII
- Explore Kazimierz, the city’s historical Jewish district, with its synagogues, monuments, and kosher restaurants
- Visit the Old Synagogue, Remuh Synagogue and Cemetery, and other sites
- Hear about Kazimierz in WWII, and how its people were herded into the Jewish ghetto
- Learn how Steven Spielberg filmed 'Schindler’s List' here and see some of the locations
- Visit the Oscar Schindler’s Factory Museum to chart how Schindler saved many Jewish lives
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Journey to the former Jewish district of Kazimierz and hop out to stroll the streets, now home to monuments, synagogues, and kosher restaurants. Learn why Steven Spielberg chose this area to depict the Jewish ghetto of Podgorze in ‘Schindler’s List.’ Traveling further back into history, hear how the revered rabbi Moses Isseries, known as Remuh, taught here in the 16th century.
Then step into the Old Synagogue, the longest surviving temple in Poland, and admire its Gothic design. Visit the active Remuh Synagogue and wander the ornate headstones of the Remuh Cemetery, including the tomb of Moses Isseries.
Afterward, make a stop at Oscar Schindler’s Factory Museum. See the space of the original enamelware factory where Schindler protected Jewish workers from deportation. Examine the remaining documents and exhibits that tell the stories of Schlinder and his workers during that dark time in Krakow’s history.
Your tour concludes in central Krakow.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- As the tour involves walking for the most part, please be wearing comfortable footwear. Not wheelchair accessible.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Intercrac
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands