- See Zaanse Schans' windmills and a traditional clog-maker
- Visit the fishing villages of Marken and Volendam
- Full-day trip to Zaanse Schans, Volendam, and Marken from Amsterdam
- Enjoy a short ferry ride between Volendam and Marken
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
The Tours & Tickets Shop is located in the IJ hall of Central Station on the far eastern side. Show your (smartphone) ticket at the Tours & Tickets office, where you'll be guided to the bus across the street.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your first stop is at Zaanse Schans, a pretty town on the Zaan River and a popular destination due to its well-preserved windmills, some dating back to the 17th century. See evocations of traditional Dutch life at the historical shipyard, as well as iconic Holland windmills.
Next, continue to Volendam and Marken and admire a quaint scene of fishing boats and the occasional local wearing traditional Dutch dress. In addition to stops in each town, visit a nearby cheese farm for a demonstration and a sampling of its dairy production. A visit to a local shoemaker to admire the art of carving and painting the wooden clogs the Netherlands is known for is also a memorable part of the trip.
You have the option to board a boat for a trip between the two towns. Once you’ve snapped plenty of photos, your tour concludes with the return to central Amsterdam by coach.
Please note that this tour requires a moderate amount of walking.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children up to and including 3 years old are free of charge (not occupying a seat)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 80 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tours & Tickets
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms